Taking care of your home
You can find operating and maintenance instructions on our website, www.lkabfastigheter.se, under "Lägenheter", "Mitt boende", "Inför inflytt" and "Bostadens skötsel". Those who don't have internet access can find some general advice below:
Refrigerator and freezer
• Regular defrosting provides an even temperature and saves electricity as well as keeps the food fresh for longer. Never pick or break the ice off. Let it thaw.
Kitchen hood and vents
• Keeping the kitchen hood and vents clean reduces contamination of other surfaces in the kitchen. Grease in filters and hood increases the risk of fire.
• Wipe grease stains from the stovetop and oven as soon as possible so that the grease doesn't burn. Wipe with a damp cloth. There are effective cleaning agents to buy for oven cleaning.
• Please contact us before buying a dishwasher and/or washer. It may turn out that the property's electricity or sewer system is not designed for additional installations. Always hire a professional installer.
Toilet and bath
Cleaning and maintenance
• Use a soft brush and a mild detergent to best clean toilet and bathroom porcelain.
• Avoid flushing down objects that may cause blockage in the drain in the toilet, shower, and washbasin. Don't forget to regularly clean the floor drain.
• If you are away for a longer period of time, the water in the siphon may evaporate. Ask a neighbour, or someone you know, to flush water down the washbasin, toilet, shower, sink, and floor drains. This way, you avoid coming home to a bad smell in your apartment.
• In the apartments that have a sauna, the wooden surfaces must be maintained by the tenant once a year. Use a wood oil approved for saunas.
• The walls in our apartments are of varied material, and different tools are required to put up paintings and the like. You can purchase hooks that are adapted to different wall materials. If in doubt, please consult us.
• Painted wall surfaces and all plastic parts benefit from being cleaned with lukewarm water and a mild detergent.
• You are not allowed to make holes in wet room flooring in bathrooms.
• Painting and wallpapering:
The landlord is required to put up new wallpaper or repaint on a reasonably regular basis. This does not prevent you from painting or wallpapering your apartment at your own expense. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before getting started:
-The work must be professionally executed. You may be liable for compensation when moving out if the work has been carelessly executed or if you have used the wrong material or selected an extreme colour.
- Always talk to us before you start any work in your apartment.
•The plugs in your ceiling lamps may not fit into the lamp sockets, in which case you need to change the plugs in your lamps.
• Most ceilings are difficult to clean. Always consult us before cleaning the ceiling. Remember that an evenly soiled ceiling often looks better than a blotchy ceiling after a failed cleaning attempt.
• A good way to protect the floor is to put protective pads on your furniture. Always put protective pads on heavy furniture that you can't lift when moving them. Drag the furniture on a rug or place socks on the furniture feet.
• Parquet floors: Clean parquet floors with a damp cloth and a mild detergent. Dry immediately. Never wax a parquet floor.
• Linoleum and plastic floors: Clean with lukewarm water and a mild detergent. Dry immediately. Use polish sparingly and only when the floor begins to wear.
Tenants must replace fuses, light bulbs, and fluorescent lamps themselves. Fluorescent lamps can be obtained from Customer Service. We also provide batteries for fire alarms.