Day of moving in / moving out
Once the rental period has expired, the tenant must vacate the apartment no later than the next day and make the apartment available to the next tenant no later than 12 PM that same day. Should the day of moving in or out of the apartment be a Saturday, Sunday, other public holiday, Midsummer Eve, Christmas Eve, or New Year's Eve, the apartment must, unless otherwise agreed, be vacated on the next weekday.
The rental agreement expires on the last day of the month that occurs no earlier than three months from the notice of termination, unless a longer notice period has been agreed. Unless otherwise agreed, any side agreements associated with the use of the apartment expire at the same time as this rental agreement, including agreements for parking, garage, etc.
Transfer of apartment
The apartment must not be transferred except in special cases that must be approved by the landlord or the rent tribunal.
Personal data according to the GDPR
LKAB Fastigheter will process your personal data when you apply for housing, when you become a customer with us, and for a period after the end of your time as a customer with us. Your privacy is important to us and we therefore want you to read the below information to learn more. Personal data is any kind of information that can be linked to you as a person, such as your name, address, and contact details, like your phone number and e-mail address.
• When signing up for the housing queue
During the queuing period, LKAB Fastigheter will collect and process your personal data in order to administer your application/notification of interest. We do this because we have legitimate interest in processing your personal data. The data will be stored for as long as you remain in our queue. If you wish to no longer remain in the queue, you can request that we clear and delete your personal data. We require that you are active in the queue at least once a year. If you are not active, you will be removed from our system and your personal data will then be deleted.
• When offering housing
When you are offered housing by LKAB Fastigheter, we need to process further information about you. We will need, for example, information about your financial situation, your employment, and how well you have taken care of previous accommodation and rent payments. This means that we request a credit report, collect information from debt collection agencies and the Swedish Enforcement Authority, and process employment certificates or other certificates and information from references you have provided us with. If you have a trustee or a guardian, we also need to process information about such persons. If offered special housing or a group home, we will obtain relevant decisions from the Social Welfare Committee.
We store your details for as long as they are relevant based on their stated purpose. We will not store credit information or information from debt collector agencies and authorities collected to approve you as a tenant. However, if your application for an apartment is rejected because we cannot approve you as a tenant, we will store your personal data for three months after the rejection decision.
• During the rental relationship
When you become an LKAB Fastigheter customer and receive a rental agreement, we process your personal data in order to fulfil and administer our obligations as a landlord and contract party. During the rental relationship, we process your personal data when, for example, we sent out rent slips and process your payments, when we collect information on consumption of electricity and/or water/heat, when we negotiate rent, and when we send you information that you need.
- We may also need to update your personal data against public records to ensure they are accurate. If you have a protected identity, we will process your information in accordance with our procedure for handling such data. We also process your personal data in order to provide our services to you and to promote ourselves and our services. This processing is necessary for our legitimate interest to develop, improve, and sell products and services, and to maintain good customer communication with you. We also process your personal data when needed to defend a legal claim.
- We may need to do this in case of, for example, disturbance in the apartment, late or non-payment of rent, or damages in the apartment. We may also need to disclose your personal data to the Social Welfare Committee or other authorities concerned.
- We may hire a data processor for the processing of your personal data. This may, for example, involve a contractor who is to repair something in your apartment, the tenants' association in connection with rent negotiations, landlords in connection with legal advice, and our suppliers.
- We also disclose your personal data when required by law or governmental decisions. If the data is transferred to a country outside the EU, we will ensure that such transfer is legal.
- We store your personal data for as long as it is relevant based on its stated purpose. A guarantee commitment or a decision of trustee or guardian will be deleted two years after the expiration of said commitment or decision.
• When the rental relationship ends LKAB
Fastigheter does not store personal data longer than necessary. We will remove and clear personal data about you once you vacate your apartment. However, certain information must be stored for at least two years thereafter, such as the rental agreement, decisions from the Social Welfare Committee, and study certificates. Information about you that is contained in our bookkeeping system, such as payments, will be stored for seven years, including the present year.
• Your rights
You have the right to receive information about what personal data we process about you, either verbally or via records. You have the right to have your information corrected or deleted, and request that we limit our processing of your personal data if, for example, you believe them to be incorrect. You have the right to have your personal data transferred to another company (data portability). You have the right to comment on how we process your personal data to us and to the supervisory authority, the Swedish Data Protection Agency. For more information about the General Data Protection Regulation, please refer to: https://www.datainspektionen.se/other-lang/in-english/the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/